Why is life so hard? This is a question that only a few could answer because a very large percentage of people do not have answers to this question. If you look and think about the question very well, there will be lots of thoughts flowing through your mind. The question is such a heavy one. Every man and woman born into this world was brought into the battlefront because life is full of battle. This is not to scare anyone but to prepare you to face the task and business of life squarely. Why is life so hard? There is a popular saying that says “Life is not a bed of roses”. We live in a world where individuals are faced with different problems, different circumstances, and challenges of life. Some people get to see the end of the challenges and sadly some people do not.
Oscar Wilde said and I quote; “Life is too important to be taken seriously”. Thinking about life itself will make you feel that life is worthless. You must know that everyone at different levels in life is faced with challenges. As the rich are faced with challenges, the same thing happens to the poor, the only difference is that the challenges are different and the only similarity is the compound name “CHALLENGE”. Some people find it so hard to forgive themselves for some mistakes of the past that got them to their present predicaments. Know that life is a chore that must be done, a race that must be run, a hill that must be climbed, a river that must be crossed, and a purpose that must be fulfilled.
Why is life so hard? Hmmmmm. Have you engaged people who had a blooming past and now they are in one trouble or the other? Have you heard from people who once lived a happy life but now life means nothing to them? And, Have you also heard conversations with people whose regrets in life was when they were given birth to? Have you talked to people living miserable lives? You will see that there are different stages in life and there are also different problems and challenges attached to them.
Someone said when life crumbles all around you and you are left to pick up the broken pieces, life can seem so hard. The thoughts and fear of ‘how do I start again?’ could kill some people when they have seen what they have worked for all their lives disappear and crumble before them. No one can say life is easy because in the real sense life is hard. It is also a relative statement because some people’s lives have been planned right from birth and their challenges have been faced and solved by their parents. They have gotten what they always wanted without working so hard for it, so life is as easy as anything to such people. The reality of life shows up to these sets of people maybe after the demise of their pillar (could be parents, mentor, or guardian), they would certainly know that life is not easy.
5 REASONS WHY LIFE IS SO HARD
- People find it so hard to connect with others: Connecting with people is very important. Interpersonal relationships and social connections are essential because it can help lower anxiety and depression. It can also help regulate our emotions and learn new things from people. Isolating yourself from people would make life hard for you. A popular saying goes thus: “If you want to go fast in life, move alone; if you want to go far in life, move with people”. I once had a friend who found it hard to connect with people, life was so hard for him that whenever he tried to relate, he gets hurt instead. Knowing this, you must learn and adapt to connect with people. It will help in increasing your self-esteem, improve yourself, and not feel intimidated.
- The meaning of life is hard to see: It is hard to see whatever is coming at a particular point in time. Life is not a copy and pastes logic. Situations can arise for anyone at any point in time.
- We were created with emotions: The way God created humans, we were created with emotions and these emotions can determine our steps and decision making. There are some people who we claim don’t have emotions, but in the reality of it, we simply react based on our emotions. When something exciting happens, we have positive emotions that open us up to better body language. Behaviour is different from emotions but they are interwoven. Bad vibes and occurrences will bring bad emotions and could affect our decision making, this could make life more difficult.
- We attach our happiness to others: Life is always difficult when we attach our happiness to others because human beings can disappoint at any time. We tend to trust friends, spouses, and so other close people, this trust brings a level of dependence that we have on them. One of the things you have to do is to try and always make yourself happy. It is not easy in most cases not to seek happiness from people especially in a family setting where husbands attach their life happiness to their wives and vice versa. Most lives have been shattered in this process, which had left for mental unstableness and the untimely death of many though there is no justification for suicide.
- We have fears in life and they often come to pass: Someone once told me that to live a happy life, live freely, and don’t care so much about what life throws at you. What are your greatest fears in life? To become successful? To marry early? And, To achieve some feats before a certain age bracket? And lots more. These things are good but then you have to live your life. Life is not fair to anybody and we often don’t get what we deserve. We have various fears in life that we know that if they should happen, the effect on us might be great and might lead to us breaking down. You just have to live your life and accept whatever is beyond your control in life.
For more information you can contact us.