Table of Contents
Have you wondered why leadership matters? Leadership plays a vital role in the pursuit of the success of any organization or individual. Directly or indirectly, we are ruled by some leaders, and that has an impact on us. Leadership entails the ability to see into the bright future, create an avenue to achieve success, and encourage people when the going gets tough. Inspiration, motivation, and encouragement can be done by anybody, including friends and families, but might not be effective like when a leader does it.
Leaders are people we all look up to, and they are not just there because they were chosen; they are there because they are seen as capable. When a leader encourages, inspires, or motivates someone, he tends to create a sense of importance for the person under him. Many people want to belong; they want to be part of something bigger than themselves.
Leadership is critical in any group or organization. Have you seen how scattered sheep without shepherds? They are scattered and in most times, exposed to danger. The role of a leader is to shield and protect the team from danger. A leader sees into the future and makes it attainable for the followers under him. Leadership is essential for the success and failure of any group and organization. The success and failure of any team rest on their leadership.
Call for Applicants - tBSC Thought Leader AwardLink to joining the competition - https://form.typeform.com/to/zhmnpax0
For years the call for New Business Models is getting stronger, louder, more clear and finds resonance. We need new business models
The economy needs it, the planet needs it, the future needs it.
Now, as a community of forward thinkers, we the Black Sheep Community, a community for New Thought Leadership
organise an event on New Business Models.
On June 15th, we organise International Black Sheep DAY 2022, around the theme of New Business Models.And we invite you, challenge you, for the tBSC New Business Models Award.
Write 1 A4 or 2 min video with your idea for a new business model, or your business model that you want to innovate
On International Black Sheep DAY 2022 we’ll hand a trophy to you
but more important: we as a community of forward thinkers will gather our Masterminds to take your Business Model to the next level.
Leadership is synonymous with success in any organization. A group or organization becomes toxic and head their way to collapse when the administration is wrong. Forming a solid group of individuals, developing continuously, and influencing them to do the right thing is expected of a leader. A leader at any level needs to influence and lead others to success. A most likely successful leader is one who has threaded on the path he is leading people before.
International Black Sheep Day 2022
Leaders can show up at any level; class leaders, father as the house leader, clerics as the leaders in their religious houses, etc. The story of motivation and inspiration you will get depends on your leader. It is safe to say that the person you follow determines your cause and aspirations. Leadership has always mattered, and it will continue to exist unless people are no more. When you look at the situation some countries find themselves in today, the role of their leaders in it is about 70%.
In countries where there are insurgencies and insecurity, the government leaders are frequently corrupted. When things are going fine, it’s the leaders, and when things are going the other way, it is the leaders. Leaders have essential roles to play in the fortunes of the group or organization they lead. Leadership will continue to matter because of the existence of people. So many people are looking for meaning and purpose; they want to know that someone cares about them.
What leadership offers
One of the main reasons why leadership matters are because it offers coordination. A leader provides coordination for the team. If a group or an organization is not organized, they tend to do what they like. An uncoordinated group will find it hard to succeed. Everyone does what he feels it’s good for him or her, which is bad for any group or organization. Coordination is needed by any group, no matter how big or small they might be. Part of coordinating roles include having a structure for the group. The system consists of creating an arranged working environment, subgroups, and their leaders and tactics. The leader does all this; when there is coordination, the organization can achieve its goals.
Leadership offers an organizational approach. The order is that they know what they want and what must be done to achieve it. An organization without focus will not move forward. The leader offers instructions and guides the team to achieving their specified goals. When a group doesn’t have an identified head or a leader, whose instructions will they follow?
Another essential thing that leadership offers is hope to the people under them. In the walk of life and work line, there will be ups and downs. How do the workers get going even when the road is tough? The leaders are meant to give them hope and encourage them when they are challenging, or results are not coming as planned. Good leaders are not shy to motivate and lift the souls of their followers because they know they are their responsibility. Hope is as essential as the air we breathe in because when one is depressed, nothing interests him in living again.
Grooming is another fantastic thing leadership offers. There are raw talents out there that will remain dormant if not taken care of. Leadership offers guidance, teaching, and assistance to talented people but does not know how to go about it. In an organizational setting, there are many workers around; we have the bright and the average set of people. Leadership offers the teaching environment while they work. Part of the grooming exercise is giving advice, career growth opportunities, and time-to-time supervision. This helps people to grow.
Authentic leadership maintains discipline across the organization he is heading. An organization with a bad leader will lack discipline, the leader himself will not be disciplined. Such organizations will not be able to accomplish their goals.
Leadership unifies people; there are lots of people that make up an organization. We have different people with different beliefs and social engagements. To work together as one might be tough since we don’t have the same idea, but leadership unifies thoughts and opinions. Humans have proven to be complex creatures to unify because individuals tend to run for selfish interests or want a more significant achievement. Administration finds a way to bring people of different cultural, religious, and societal beliefs to work together to achieve a common goal.
The type of leader organizations need
- A visioner: To achieve success in their works, organizations need a leader who sees into the future and believes it is achievable. A leadership that paints a convincing picture of the future helps people see why everyone is an integral part of the future, and they are going to work hand in hand.
- A qualified Leader: The organization will face challenges, both internal and external crises. If a leader is not capable or up to the task, it will jeopardize the whole organization. If a leader is not qualified, he won’t be able to direct well in situations where a certain level of intelligence and academic expertise is needed. If leaders are found to provide solutions, they will not be respected or put the whole organization in crisis for a long time. A trusted leader: An organization will be chaotic if the followers cannot trust their leader. Leaders who don’t abuse their authority and take advantage of their workers will gain the trust of their followers. To achieve the followers’ confidence, a leader must be likable, make sound judgments, and make timely decisions void of preference and biases. A leader who classifies everyone as essential and equally irrespective of age, race, religious beliefs, etc., will gain the trust of their followers.
- A sensitive leader: Followers tend to like keen leaders who don’t have to voice their plight before the leader knows. A leader like that is what an organization needs. A leader who understands the feeling of the followers and provides instant help to them will take them forward. This helps to increase productivity.
- A responsible leader: An irresponsible leader will take the organization backward and lead them nowhere. Such a leader will not represent the organization well if he needs to go out to represent them. A responsible leader is credible, accountable, reliable, and trustworthy.
- A strategic and operational leader: Leaders gain more respect when they are strategic and operational. These are functional leaders who are not passive when work comes, and they are active participants in the work.
- A flexible leader: Flexibility is one of the great attributes that a leader needs to succeed. If a leader is not loose, the organization will struggle in challenging times that need changes. Flexibility in approach to challenges, new methods to take the company forward, settling the internal crisis, etc.
Good leadership models are not far-fetched. We have examples of them around us. To make a good leader, you need integrity, openness, realness, trustworthiness, vision, strategies, communication skills, self-control, modesty, and lots more. A good leader must also be diplomatic—diplomatic in the sense that leaders must deal with people and situations in a settling matter. Leaders need the ability to reconcile people and situations in manners that will settle with their values.
Do you now know why Leadership matters? You can join The Black Sheep community today for more on leadership.